Preview & Prediction – T20 World Cup 2022 | Australia vs New Zealand
Australia vs New Zealand T20 World Cup Match Schedule & Preview
Australia will play against New Zealand during the 13th match of the tournament. It is the first match in the Super12 stage. Both teams will eye for a win, having a leap of faith in their batting, bowling and fielding units.
The match between Australia and New Zealand will start at 12:30 PM (IST) on October 22nd 2022.
T20 World Cup squad for Australia vs New Zealand
Australia Squad for T20 World Cup 2022: Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Tim David, Josh Hazlewood, Josh Inglis, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa.
New Zealand Squad for T20 World Cup 2022: Kane Williamson (c), Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Mitchell Santner, Glenn Phillips, Jimmy Neesham, Daryl Mitchell, Adam Milne, Martin Guptill, Lachlan Ferguson, Devon Conway, Mark Chapman, Michael Bracewell, Trent Boult, Finn Allen.
Key points to note for Australia and New Zealand T20 Match Prediction
· In the last 10 matches played, Australia managed to win only 4.
· In the last 15 matches played, New Zealand managed to win 12.
· Head-to-head: Australia-10 & New Zealand-4
· New Zealand played against Australia for the first time in 2005, but the NZ team took 11 years to register their first win against the Aussies.
· No team in the history of WCT20 has ever defended the title. Australia is the defending champion now and it can be a curse for them. However, records can be broken.
Quick Pitch report for Australia vs New Zealand World Cup T20 2022
It is a good batting wicket, that provides quick runs in the powerplay. Spinners around the world fancy this wicket, at Sydney. Rains may interrupt the match, as drizzles are frequent in October and November at this venue. The highest T20 score registered on this ground is 221.
Let’s witness some clean cover drives and sneaky straight drives. It’s a ground for batsmen with class, not for the sloggers.
Australian players to watch out for in T20 World Cup 2022
· Aaron Finch – The skipper is a key pillar in the Australian batting lineup. His leadership skills and media handling have been growing day by day. He scored 76 runs against India in a warm-up match at the Gabba. With 3 sixes and 7 fours, he showed the world that the best is yet to come.
· Glenn Maxwell – He answers all the criticisms with his performance. He didn’t perform well in the England series and in the warm-up match against India. However, he is a big-match player who can take away a match in just one over.
· Mitchell Starc & Pat Cummins – We can’t separate this combo of quickies. Though Cummins is used as a batting all-rounder, his bowling prowess has to be noted. Starc has been consistent with his bowling capabilities. At home conditions, Starc can provide the required breakthroughs.
· Tim David & Mitchell Marsh – These two players accelerate the run rate: one on top and one in the middle. Tim David has a strike rate of 160. Marsh scored 30+ in all the recent matches he played. (36 & 45 against England. 35 against India)
New Zealand players to watch out for in T20 World Cup 2022
· Martin Guptil – He has been consistent with his performance in the top-order. With his experience, Guptil adds more value to the side. He clears boundaries with ease.
· Finn Allen/Devon Conway – Both Conway and Allen have two very different approaches to T20 as a format, but they are promising as an asset to the team.
· Glenn Philips – He has been the leading run scorer recently for New Zealand, capitalizing on his present form. If he continues to accelerate the run rate in the middle of an innings, it’s an advantage for the black caps.
· Kane Williamson – The New Zealand skipper never fails to amaze with his steady knocks and steadier strokes. He stabilizes the innings, if the top-order batsmen failed to provide a good start.
Watch Australia and New Zealand Match T20 World Cup live streaming
· Watch T20 World Cup Live in India & Sub Continent on Disney+Hotstar, Star Sports HD, Star Sports 1, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 3.
· For Pakistan, T20 world cup live can be watched on PTV & ARY Digital Networks
· For Australia, T20 world cup live can be watched on Fox Sports, Kayo
· For the United States, T20 world cup live can be watched on Willow TV, Willow Xtra, ESPN+
· For the United Kingdom, T20 world cup live can be watched on Sky Sports
· For New Zealand, T20 world cup live can be watched on Sky Sports NZ
· For Singapore, T20 world cup live can be watched on Star Hub
· For Hong Kong, T20 world cup live can be watched on Now TV, Yupp Tv
· For Caribbean, T20 world cup live can be watched on ESPN
· For Bangladesh, T20 world cup live can be watched on Gazi TV, Rabbithole
· For Sri Lanka, T20 world cup live can be watched on Star Network
· For Malaysia, T20 world cup live can be watched on Astro, Yupp Tv
· For Continental Europe, SE Asia & Central /South America, T20 world cup live ca be watched on YuppTv
· For Fiji, T20 world cup live can be watched on PNG Digicel
· For Afghanistan, T20 world cup live can be watched on Yupp Tv
· For UAE, T20 world cup live can be watched on Yupp Tv
Yolo247 Prediction for Australia vs New Zealand match
It is the first match of the Super12 stage. Both teams will look for registering their first win, to take a lead in the Points Table.
Based on Yolo247 Australia and New Zealand match prediction, Australia has a slightly better chance of winning the match with the home advantage and a greater number of players-in-form.
Get to know all the latest updates on T20 World Cup 2022 on Yolo247.