Preview & Prediction – T20 World Cup 2022 | England vs Afghanistan
England vs Afghanistan T20 World Cup Match Schedule & Preview
England will play against Afghanistan during the 14th match of the tournament. It is the second match in the Super12 stage. Both teams will eye for a win, having a leap of faith in their fielding, batting and bowling units. On paper, England looks promising with their roster full of allrounders.
The match between England and Afghanistan will start at 04:30 PM (IST) on October 22nd 2022.
T20 World Cup squad for England vs Afghanistan T20 World Cup Match
England Squad for T20 World Cup 2022: Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood, Alex Hales.
Afghanistan Squad for T20 World Cup 2022: Mohammad Nabi (c), Najibullah Zadran, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Azmatullah Omarzai, Darwish Rasooli, Fareed Ahmad Malik, Fazal Haq Farooqi, Hazratullah Zazai, Ibrahim Zadran, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Naveen ul Haq, Qais Ahmad, Rashid Khan, Salim Safi, Usman Ghani.
Key points to note for England and Afghanistan T20 Match Prediction
● England won the Pakistan series recently. (4 out of 7)
● England won the Australia series recently. (2 out of 3)
● Afghanistan lost the Ireland series. (2 out of 5)
● Afghanistan lost all the recent 3 matches they played.
● Head-to-head: England-2 and Afghanistan-0
Quick Pitch report for England vs Afghanistan World Cup T20 2022
It is a good wicket, that provides pace and bounce for the bowlers. At the same time, it is a flat track that offers batsmen the chance to go for big shots.
The straight boundaries are smaller, so a greater number of short balls can be tried.
Among the other venues, Optus Stadium has a faster outfield. The Optus stadium will be fully packed, as the restrictions are lifted in the zone.
England players to watch out for in T20 World Cup 2022
● Jos Butler – He is a man in massive form. Apart from hitting huge sixes, he takes quick singles and rotates strikes. We can expect a record-breaking performance from this master of T20 game.
● Ben Stokes – One all-rounder that everyone wants to keep in a team. People call him ‘a lucky charm’, but he is a man of precision. His performance during a warm-up match against Pakistan changed the course of the game, sealing a win.
● Moeen Ali – The southpaw is as integral middle-order to stabilize an innings. His role in England T20 cricket will be discussed & celebrated for a long time.
● Liam Livingstone – He can start hitting from the first ball: that’s the role he plays in the England team. It will be critical in hastening innings.
● Sam Curran – He swings from ‘bowling all-rounder’ to ‘batting all-rounder’ frequently. In a warm-up match, he scored 33 off 14 balls, with 3 sixes and 2 boundaries. Fondly called as ‘Chutti Kulandhai’ (Naughty Kid) by the Chennai Super Kings IPL fans, he has grown as a prominent all-rounder with swing and swag under his belt.
Afghanistan players to watch out for in T20 World Cup 2022
● Rashid Khan – The mystery bowler-cum-mystery hitter has been showing his abilities in IPL year after year. He played a crucial role in the victory of Gujarat Titans in the latest edition. He acts as a speed-breaker for the opponent’s run rate.
● Mohammad Nabi – The skipper is in form and it is getting contagious recently. The team is regaining its stature, with his guidance and captaincy. In a warm-up match against Bangladesh, he scored 41 off just 17 balls, with 5 sixes and 1 boundary.
● Mujeeb ur Rahman – He is the most-underrated player in the Afghanistan team. Being in the shadow of Rashid Khan, the world has missed celebrating Mujeed. However, he remains the go-to player for Nabi during crucial overs.
● Ibrahim Zadran – The youngster has already become a regular name in the squad with his extraordinary performances. During a warm-up match, he scored 46 useful runs to ensure a victory for the Afghanistan side.
Watch England and Afghanistan Match T20 World Cup live streaming
● Watch T20 World Cup Live in India & Sub Continent on Disney+Hotstar, Star Sports HD, Star Sports 1, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 3.
● Pakistan – PTV & ARY Digital Networks
● Australia – Fox Sports, Kayo
● The United States – Willow TV, Willow Xtra, ESPN+
● The United Kingdom – Sky Sports,
● New Zealand – Sky Sports NZ
● Singapore – Star Hub
● Hong Kong – Now TV, Yupp Tv
● Caribbean – ESPN
● Bangladesh – Gazi TV, Rabbithole
● Sri Lanka – Star Network
● Malaysia – Astro, Yupp Tv
● Continental Europe, SE Asia & Central /South America – YuppTv
● Fiji – PNG Digicel
● Afghanistan – Yupp Tv
● UAE – Yupp Tv
Yolo247 Prediction for England vs Afghanistan match
Both teams will look to register their first win, to take a lead in the Points Table. However, England has a proven track record and has more than 5 key players to change the course of a game, at any point in time.
Based on Yolo247 England and Afghanistan match prediction, England has a slightly better chance of winning the match.
Get to know all the latest updates on T20 World Cup 2022 on Yolo247.