Preview & Prediction – T20 World Cup 2022 | West Indies vs Zimbabwe
West Indies vs Zimbabwe T20 World Cup Match Schedule
West Indies will face Zimbabwe during the 8th match of the tournament. No team is an underdog in this match, as the match is evenly placed. The Zimbabwe side has recently won a series against Bangladesh and they are up for the challenge.
The match between West Indies Vs Zimbabwe will start at 1:30 PM (IST), on October 19th 2022.
T20 World Cup squad for West Indies vs Zimbabwe
West Indies Squad for T20 World Cup 2022: Nicholas Pooran (c), Rovman Powell, Yannic Cariah, Johnson Charles, Sheldon Cottrell, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Evin Lewis, Kyle Mayers, Obed Mccoy, Raymon Reifer, Odean Smith, Shamarh Brooks.
Zimbabwe Squad for T20 World Cup 2022: Craig Ervine (c), Ryan Burl, Regis Chakabva, Tendai Chatara, Bradley Evans, Luke Jongwe, Clive Madande, Wessly Madhevere, Wellington Masakadza, Tony Munyonga, Blessing Muzarabani, Richard Ngarava, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Sean Williams.
Key Points to note for West Indies & Zimbabwe T20 Match Prediction
- Players the West Indian team would miss: Hetmyer, Russell and Naraine.
- Zimbabwe won 7 out of 8 matches played recently
- Head-to-head: WI-2 and Zim-1
Quick Pitch Report for West Indies vs Zimbabwe World Cup T20 2022
It is a new pitch for International T20 matches, with just 3 matches played so far. It is a good batting wicket, that holds a first-batting average score of 182.
Let’s witness a day of big boundaries and bigger sixes.
West Indies Players to watch out for in T20 World Cup 2022
- Rovman Powell – The attacking batsman has a greater number of sixes than that of fours. In just one over, he can pull the game back.
- Odean Smith – The medium pacer has the ability to send the ball out of the park consistently.
- Alzarri Joseph – In the series against Australia, he has a bowling average close to 5.0, with 5 wickets in two matches.
- Nicholas Pooran – Pooran as a captain will definitely choose to cement the innings, being a good runner between wickets, and maintaining the run rate above 130.
- Brandon King/Kyle Mayers –Brandon King has been promising as an opener and consistent in his batting. However, Kyle Mayer can be picked up based on the circumstances.
Zimbabwe players to watch out for in T20 World Cup 2022
- Craig Ervine – The skipper is back, after his injury. With the highest score of 130* and an average of 30+, he is a cornerstone for the squad.
- Blessing Muzarabani – He can easily clock 140+, being the fastest Zimbabwean bowler.
- Sikandar Raza – The all-rounder has got the Player of the Month award from ICC and became the first Zimbabwe player to achieve it.
Watch West Indies vs Zimbabwe Match T20 World Cup live streaming
- Watch T20 World Cup Live in India & Sub Continent on Disney+Hotstar, Star Sports HD, Star Sports 1, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 3.
- For Pakistan, T20 world cup live can be watched on PTV & ARY Digital Networks
- For Australia, T20 world cup live can be watched on Fox Sports, Kayo
- For the United States, T20 world cup live can be watched on Willow TV, Willow Xtra, ESPN+
- For the United Kingdom, T20 world cup live can be watched on Sky Sports
- For New Zealand, T20 world cup live can be watched on Sky Sports NZ
- For Singapore, T20 world cup live can be watched on Star Hub
- For Hong Kong, T20 world cup live can be watched on Now TV, Yupp Tv
- For Caribbean, T20 world cup live can be watched on ESPN
- For Bangladesh, T20 world cup live can be watched on Gazi TV, Rabbithole
- For Sri Lanka, T20 world cup live can be watched on Star Network
- For Malaysia, T20 world cup live can be watched on Astro, Yupp Tv
- For Continental Europe, SE Asia & Central /South America, T20 world cup live ca be watched on YuppTv
- For Fiji, T20 world cup live can be watched on PNG Digicel
- For Afghanistan, T20 world cup live can be watched on Yupp Tv
- For UAE, T20 world cup live can be watched on Yupp Tv
Yolo247 Prediction for West Indies vs Zimbabwe
West Indies team has a good chance to win; however, it is going to be a close match.
The Zimbabwean pacer Blessing Muzarabani can do the damage. Whoever dominates the powerplay dominates the game.