India’s Big Win in the Second Test against England in 2024
The Indian team avenged the defeat in the first test and won the second test. With one more day left, the Indian team won by 106 runs against England. The visitors struggled in the second innings to chase down India’s target of 399.
England started the second innings well with a score of 67/1, but they were bowled out for 292 runs by the Indian bowlers.
In this match, Indian bowler Jasprit Bumrah took a total of 9 wickets and received the ‘Man of the Match’ award.
India and England have won one match in the entire five-test series. The third test will start on the 15th of this month in Rajkot.
India vs England 2nd Test – First Innings Details
India won the toss, elected to bat first and were all out for 396 runs.
- Yashaswi Jaiswal was the only Indian batsman who was scoring fearlessly.
- Jaiswal scored 209 runs.
- England bowlers James Anderson, Shoaib Bashir, and Rehan Ahmed took three wickets each.
The England team started the first innings with a target of 397 runs. The Indian bowling attack was tighter than expected. England were bowled out for a total of 253 runs.
- Only Jack Crawley (76) and Ben Stokes (47) excelled among England batsmen.
- Among the Indian bowlers, Jasprit Bumrah took six wickets, while Kuldeep Yadav took three wickets.
India vs England 2nd Test – Second Innings Details
Coming into bat in the second innings, India lost two openers.
- Opener Yashaswi Jaiswal, who scored a double century in the first inning, was dismissed for 17 and skipper Rohit Sharma for 13 off Anderson’s bowling.
- Among the rest of the batsmen, Shubman Gill scored 104 runs, and Akshar Patel scored 45 runs. With this, India was bowled out for 255 runs.
The Indian bowlers showed the dots from the beginning to the England team, who entered the field to chase down 399 runs.
- England lost their first wicket for 50 runs. They lost 5 wickets for 194 runs and were bowled out for 292 runs.
- India won the second test by 106 runs. The opener Jack Crawley scored 73 runs among England batsmen.
All other batsmen scored less than 40 runs. Among the Indian bowlers, Jasprit Bumrah took 3 wickets, while Ravichandran Ashwin took 3 wickets.
Ashwin is just one wicket away from reaching 500 wickets! Let’s wait for that feat in the upcoming matches.